Exciting Tech Products to Get This Year

I am eagerly waiting for the following products to be released this year:

  • NOOKColor with Android 2.2 or higher. I am expecting the current list price of $249 to stay or perhaps even get lower -- fingers crossed.
  • Acer Iconia, which is a touchbook. However, it seems to be estimated to cost around $2000. I sure hope that price would actually turn out to be lower when it gets released in the US. If it gets too expensive, then... I don't know yet...
  • read that Samsung would be announcing 4G Windows Phone devices by February this year. Unless Apple announces a 4G iPhone this month then that would be something to seriously consider. However, news has it that Apple's targeting 4G in 2012 instead. AT&T or Verizon, it doesn't matter, for as long as its 4G LTE...

Olympus PEN E-PL2, which is a compact system, is already out. Priced at $600 with a kit lens, it's got to be worth the experience as I venture into micro four-thirds. If the NOOKColor upgrade gets delayed for any reason, this camera would be my first investment this year.

Anyway, that's about it really. Slowly but surely I'll get all my devices and gadgets upgraded this year. Exciting!

Comments